Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My One Thousand Gifts

Here I will begin my list. My list of gifts that I have been given from the Lord. Gifts that can go unnoticed if not looked for. Gifts that cause me to, at times, love my life and at times cause me to sit in utter confusion before the Giver. All are gifts, because all point me back to Him, the one who will never stop giving of Himself. My intent with this blog is to bring God into every moment of every day, giving him the gratitude and glory He deserves for all things in my life. I'll also be processing more at my other blog. sarahannlove.blogspot.com

I have no idea how you begin a list like this. So I'll start with the here and now...

1. Nights that are warm enough to leave the window slightly open.
2. Sweet, honest times with Becca, lounging in a booth, being ourselves.
3. Playing phones and computers with Sairs.
4. My job that allows me to use my giftings, yet stretches me far more than I thought it would.
5. Re-reading notes I've made in my bible.
6. Hearing the stories of broken lives, being made new in Christ. 
7. The joy that comes when thinking about Jesus.
8. Living with Jayne and Ashley. 
9. Opening a new book.
10. Finishing a book. 
11. Frozen chocolate chips
12. Sunrises
13. Singing at the top of my lungs to the Lord with hundreds of other believers.
14. Kick-boxing
15. Not having to get out of bed right away.
16. Yodiggity on a hot summer day.
17. Laughing with Laura because we think we are experts in all things referring to cakes and weddings.
18. Hearing how couples' personalities compliment and strengthen each other.
19. Hearing stories of how husbands/wives know different faces of the Lord because of their spouses.
20. Quiet drives to work.
21. When I am forced to deal with a "grey" issue.
22. How the Lord used a certain heartbreak to show me my calling and purpose.
23. Zachary Farkas. My precious boy whom I will sing with in eternity.
24. GP, AW, MS, MN, BF, and my other kids from CARD.
25. Peeing my pants with Callan.
26. Memories of talking for hours into the morning while sharing a room with Beth in the Hen House.
27. Laying on the floor while Beth plays hymns on the piano.
28. The difficult road to health through counseling.
29. Attempting to laugh without smiling with Callan and Andrew.
30. Watching Ashley read her bible in the mornings.
31. Having soul-bearing honest talks with Kaelyn.
32. My two bosses who daily challenge me to walk closer to Jesus.
33. Having good blood sugars.
34. The ability to run.
35. The instant bond with Manda.
36. Inside jokes with Alan.
37. PJ and Sheri Lewis.
38. Walking into the warmth of the sun after being cold in a restaurant.
39. My 6am life group. #20years
40. My deep friendship I have with my dad.
41. My mom's consistant mornings in the Word.
42. Girls nights that turn into cry fests.
43. Using my grace card.
44. Making eye contact over our cubicle walls at Jayne and being on the same page.
45. My terry cloth robe.
46. Isaiah 43
47. Holding a new baby.
48. Watching a new mom with her baby.
49. A good glass of wine with friends.
50. Playing Mario Kart with JT, Em, and Bane.
51. Running farther than I planned on running.
52. Sitting with friends on the couch just talking.
53. Earplugs to sleep with.
54. Telling stories with Luke.
55. Warm spring days.
56. Cottage cheese with pineapple and granola.
57. Melissa Danisi. She makes me laugh so hard and encourages me so much!
58. Taco Bell's Diet Pepsi
59. Telling Chickfarm stories with Beth, Callan, Emily, and Joy.
60. Waking up with low blood sugar to find a juice box next to you.
61. When a Chris Tomlin song comes on my running mix after many secular songs in a row.
62. My insulin pump.. Pam :)
63. They way the Lord has revealed himself through my friendship with Callan.
64. Feeling giddy over someone.
65. My surprise to Char in Texas with Beth.
66. The music of the Olympics.